January 3rd, 2014

I hate this. I can't believe I am even typing the words. We lost another baby. That is honestly something I never thought I would say again. I am in shock. I am broken. I am confused. There are so many questions. I am 17 weeks, so why now? So many things to talk about, but not now. I know that one day I will share more details of this nightmare, but for right now I have nothing much to say. I am still processing. I am sitting here in the hospital, broken, confused and angry. I have always been very open and honest about my grief for if nothing else than if it can help one person. I still feel that way. I feel like I will be able to help someone through this. But for now I just need to be angry and broken. I have so many questions, but there is one thing I know for sure. I am not lost. I am not forsaken. There is still a God who loves me, who died for me, and who now is taking care of more of my children than I am. I have 3 babies in Heaven. I look forward to the day that we will all be together again. I am hurt, I am confused, but my faith is not shaken.

I ask that right now please just be in prayer for our family. We don't need anything, and there is nothing anyone can do except pray. Mostly I ask for prayer for Grant. He is heartbroken. He doesn't understand why he has had to lose 2 babies. Thank God he was too young to remember the first miscarriage. He feels the same as we do, confused, hurt and angry. He is only 5 and really can't process all those emotions. I can't make sense of it myself, let alone a 5 year old. This month is going to be especially difficult for us. January holds a lot of pain already. Eli's birthday is just 2 weeks away. We need some time to hurt and grieve. I appreciate everyone's love and support, but just understand if we are not ourself for a while. Please understand if we don't want to go out much, or participate in "normal" functions. If I don't respond to your call, or text, or email, I am sorry. Just know that we love you all and we appreciate all of your kind words and prayers.

We will get through. I am comforted knowing that God is close to the broken hearted. We have two beautiful little miracles at home to be thankful for. They keep us going and give us a reason to go on.

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed."

Oh Lord, our spirits are crushed, thank you for always rescuing us.

3 comments

  1. I have grown to love you all. You have become family to me. Prayers continue to be lifted as you endure this pain again. I'm so sorry. Your faith remains an incredible testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers being sent up for everyone... especially my little Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your strength and testimony are amazing....but, your pain and grief are real and understandable by all!! Your faith and trust in the One who holds all the answers is unshakeable and will see you through this, yet another, unbelievable trial! I have no appropriate words of comfort, but know that the love we feel for all of you makes our hearts heavy and prayers are constant for your family!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top