Many, many Thank Yous...

There is absolutely no way I could possibly thank everyone who has helped us during this time. I sat down one night and started to make a list of all the people I wanted to write thank you cards to, and the list got so long I finally gave up. I have been trying to think of ways that I could thank everyone, but I just can't come up with anything that would express how much you all have meant to me. So this is my best shot. A blog post to tell everyone how much we love and thank you all is the best I can do. I can't possibly name everyone by name, but if I don't mention your name here please know that I am so thankful for you also.

First off I have to say thank you to our wonderful family. From our immediate family to extended family, your love and support have carried us. You have supported us emotionally, physically (by just being there), and financially. You have brought us food, took us out and just been there when we needed you. We have been able to cry when we needed to and laugh (sometimes even when it was inappropriate, haha) when we needed to. Throughout every step of the way you have embodied what it truly means to be family. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives.

To our great friends, your friendship has been the constant we could rely on. Some of you are also our family, or have become family to us. Thanks for being there with us during the toughest time in our life. You all have been so wonderful and supportive. Thank you for treating us like we are still just normal people. Some people have looked at us like we are damaged or broken, but our friends have been able to see past that and just see us. We have had so many times with all of you all where despite all the hurt and pain we could sit down and just have a laugh at times where we really needed it. Especially with our best friends Laurel and Chris. I really don't know what we would do without you all. The fun times we have had with you all are some of the best times we have ever had. You both are our family. You are more than just friends. Our life would not be the same with out you. Thanks for all you have done for us. We could never express how much you mean to us.

And to our other wonderful friends who brought us dinners, thank you so much. Laurel, Amber and Shelia, JT and Natalie, Tara, Danielle and Denise. We not only enjoyed the food you brought us that week, but the time we got to spend with each of you. You were all good for some much needed fun and laughs. You were there for much more than just bringing food. You did more for us than just that, but I felt the need to mention it. Also thank you to those from church ( the Crossing) who brought us food. There was so much food, from the funeral home, to our home. Thank you so much. Also those from school (Portland Christian) who sent us food. I don't even know some of you, but I can't tell you how much your kindness means to us. There were many more who brought us food and made food. I don't know all of the names of the people who did, but please know it meant so much for us. To not have to worry about such small details as food during such a difficult time was priceless. To our friends who took care of our dogs, thank you so much. Julie and Nate, Tim, and Michelle and Brian. Thanks for feeding and letting out our dogs, they appreciated it so much!! (Even if they didn't show it, sorry Nate!!) And thanks for finding the questionable smell in our house, haha. You all are more than just neighbors, you are dear friends.

Thank you to all those who have been and still are praying for us. The list of names in this category would be a very long one. There are people who we don't even know that have been praying for us. I want you to know that your prayers were heard and answered by God. He carried us through this time. We could truly feel the love around us in those days surrounding Eli's death. Even though you fervently prayed that Eli would live, please know that God still heard your prayers. He gave us exactly what you asked for. He was with us, and gave us strength. The faith of those around us has strengthened us immeasurably. Without your prayers and support we would not have made it through.

Thank you to all those who were there for us during the days at the funeral home. Our friends, family and loved ones were there even when it was difficult. I know a funeral home visitation and funeral, especially with an infant is not an easy place to be. Death is awkward and uncomfortable anyway, especially in a situation like this when there are no good words to say. I recognize the difficulty of being there, and I can't explain how much I appreciate everyone who came. The out-pour of  love and support during those days was so amazing. You were there to lean on, to make us feel loved, to take us out of the room when we needed a break. Thank you to everyone who sent beautiful flowers and memorial pieces that we will always cherish. Thank you to those who were just there, who knew that saying no words was better sometimes than trying to say the wrong words.

Thank you to those who participated in the service and made it so special. Thank you Gary England, Reggie Beasly and Shelia Mook. Your music during the service added something so special. Thank you Gary and Reggie for taking time to learn a special song on such short notice. I can listen to that song today and hear Reggie singing it and Gary playing guitar just like on that day. It gives me a sense of comfort. It meant more to me than you will ever know. Shelia, I know it was tough for you to take off work to come and play the piano, but I hope you know how much we appreciated  it. It added something special to the service to have someone we know and love playing those songs on the piano.

Bobby, we could never say thank you enough for all you did for us during those days. Thank you so much for being there every step of the way. You served as the constant reminder that God was still with us. You prayed with us, cried with us and were somehow able to comfort us at a time where I didn't think that would be possible. You had the impossible task of leading the funeral service for our sweet baby. You did an awesome job. I know God was speaking through you that day.

Thank you to our church family at The Crossing. This time really brought all of us together as a family. You were on your knees praying for us day and night. As I mentioned before you brought us food, but it was much more than just that. You made us feel cared for and loved. You were there for us when we needed you. That is what family is. A special thank you to Pam Piatt, thank you for taking care of Grant during the service. It made me feel comforted knowing he was safe and with someone he knew. There were many who helped take care of Grant during that time. Thanks to everyone who helped with him at the funeral home and while we were in the hospital.

Thank you to everyone who came to the hospital to see us. It was such a difficult time and to be surrounded by those who love us was what got us through. Some of you. our friends and family where there all night long while we waited for Eli to get out of surgery. That meant so much to us. You were there with us in the moments of sadness, hope, and pain. Through the prayers, the tears and the waiting. Thank you so much for showing your love and faithfulness to us.

Thank you to all the nurses and doctors who took special care of our sweet baby boy. I don't know if any of you will ever read this, and I don't know all your names, but I will name a few a do know and hope that one day you hear how much you all did for us.  Dr. Dunn, Cythia and the staff at Women's Healthcare. You all made us feel like more than just a patient. You really cared about us and took the time to talk to us and be there for us. Dr. Dunn thanks for all you have done for us. You were more than just a doctor to me. You were a friend and a coach. Thanks to all of the hospital staff at Floyd Memorial. I know only a few names, but you all helped us so much. Chandra and Mary Jean you were both very special to us. Chandra the memories I have of you helping me try to feed Eli are some of the best I have with him. You took the time to be there and help us way beyond your call of duty. And Mary Jean thank you for listening to me when I knew there was a problem and no one else was listening. It meant so much that you both came to see us at the funeral home. Thank you to all those at Floyd who came to our rescue when Eli stopped breathing. You not only took care of him, but you took care of Richie and I at a time when our world was crashing down. Thank you to the staff at Kosair. Dr. Mongomery, Tonya, and the other nurses that were there with us that night and the next day. I am sorry that I don't know all your names. But you know who you are. Thank you all so much for the excellent care you took of our son. We always knew he was in the hands of the best medical staff possible. Thank you for all you did.

Thank you to everyone who gave money to the memorial fund. This list would also be a long one. I would love to send thank you cards to all of you, but I have no records of who donated. Please know that we appreciate your gifts so very much. You have helped support us during a time where money was the last thing we needed to have to worry about. We were able to take some time off work to be together and heal as a family. Thank you so much for that.

Last, but certainly not least thank You to our Heavenly Father. I tell Him that everyday, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't mention it here. The peace and comfort You gave us during this time is what brought us out of the darkness. Thank You for showing us hope when we though there wasn't any. Thank you for all the blessings you have given us. Thank you for choosing us to be the parents of your most precious angel. Thank you for giving us Eli, he has blessed my life more than I could describe. He changed me. I will forever miss him, but I know that You are taking care of him now. Thank you for holding and loving my little baby. It comforts me to know that he is being cared for by the Lord Almighty. Thank You for making him healthy and whole in Your arms. Lord, thank You also for Grant. If it wasn't for him I might not have had the strength to go on some days. He is our ray of sunshine. He makes us pick ourselves up even when we don't think we can. He is so funny and sweet and happy. I could never say thank You enough for him.

Sorry this post was so long, but we have a lot of people that we needed to say thank you to. If I didn't mention you here, or I haven't told you in person please know I haven't forgotten you. If you know someone who is on this list please pass it along. There are so many people who did so much for us. We love and thank each one of you!!

Brooke and Richie

No comments

Back to Top